|Changes At:||Al De Baran|
|Number of Skills:||15|
|Total Skill Points:||82|
|Total Quest Skills:||1|
One who invaded God's territory.
Active in fields from ancient biotechnology to combining and creating mixtures, he/she joins the adventurers recruited by King Tristan III to perfect his/her biotechnology, and in the end, to successfully summon a Homunculus. The potions he/she makes have much better effects than those sold in stores. The advanced biotechnology also allows summonning of monsters that will help you. He/She continuously gathers materials and researches up to this day, amongst the many adventurers, in order to create biotechnology's greatest advantages, homunculus.
The Alchemist is a class which optimizes Potion Creation and Homunculus, as well as various other potion-related skills. They are a class which work for the benefit of their friends and strike terror into the hearts of their foes (armor).
For Brewers there is a system in which players are ranked based on who can create the most potions.
- Rank Point +1: 3 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +3: 5 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +10: 7 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
- Rank Point +50: 10 Condensed Potions created without failure in a row.
Alchemist ranks can be checked via usage of the "/alchemist" command ingame. Potions made by an Alchemist/Biochemist who is in the top 10 list will receive a 50% bonus to their potency. This does not apply to potions used via Aid Potion or Aid Condensed Potion.
The following skills for this class have been altered. See the corresponding page to find which servers are affected:
Job Change Guide
|Item(s) (Not Consumed):||1, 1 , 1|
|Items:||Potion Manual (Varies), Random Ore|
|Experience:||Base EXP:||Job EXP:|
|Quest Reward(s):||Jobchange to Alchemist|
1. Proceed to Al De Baran. The building in the southwest corner is the Alchemist guild (68,56). Inside, talk to the blond female NPC with mini glasses to sign up to become an Alchemist. She will ask you for 50,000 Zeny and one of the following:
2. Once the player has finished registering, go downstairs to a star-shaped room. Head towards the second room on the right side wall to talk with Rasputin.
3. Rasputin will discuss ill-prepared Alchemists and then give a math oriented exam. This exam consists of two addition-subtraction questions, three multiplication-division questions, two questions pertaining to Discount-Overcharge, and three questions about the DEF and weight of certain items and armors. The player will need to answer 80% of the questions correctly to proceed.
- Bypassing: If the player has Job 50, they can skip this part of the exam.
- 13+25+37+48 = 123
- 12+23+34+45 = 114
- 1,000-58-214-416 = 312
- 1,000-36-227-348 = 389
- 14*17*3 = 714
- 12*24*3 = 864
- 10,530/3/5/2 = 351
- 9765/3/5/7 = 93
- (35*19) - (1,792/7) = 409
- (47*28) - (1376/4) = 972
- (2,368/8) + (24*17) = 704
- (2,646/7) + (13*28) = 742
- Red Potion (12), Fly Wing (5) Butterfly Wing (1) = 909z
- Red Potion (6), Green Potion (7) Fly Wing (8) = 798z
- Green Potion (15), Magnifier (6), Trap (4) = 934z
- 3 Ring Pommel Sabers, 4 Caps, 2 Boots = 550
- 2 Ring Pommel Sabers, 3 Caps, 3 Boots = 480
- 3 Scimitars, 2 Helms, Coat = 450
- Buckler, Coat, Gas Mask, Big Ribbon, Fillet, Sakkat, Glasses = 20
- Biretta, Manteau, Opera Mask, Ribbon, Muffler, Boots, Earmuffs = 20
- Mirror Shield, Leather Jacket, Mr. Smile, Silk Robe, Wedding Veil, Muffler,Eye Patch = 12
- 5 Helms
- Standard price = 44,000z
- 24% discount = 33,440z
- 20% discount selling price = 35,200z
- Profit (35,200-33,440)*5 = 8,800z
- 4 Padded Armor
- Standard price = 48,000z
- 24% discount = 36,480z
- 20% discount selling price = 38,400
- Profit (38,400-36,480)*4 = 7,680z
- 3 Tights
- Standard price = 71,000
- 24% discount = 53,960
- 20% discount selling price = 56,800
- Profit (56,800-53,960)*3 = 8,520
4. After passing the quiz, head to the next room and talk with Darwin. He will explain the basics for creating potions.
- Bypassing: Giving an ' ' to Darwin (by first selecting the flower option when initially speaking to him) will send the player directly to the final NPC in honor of the bribe.
The player will need the following items for this part:
11 1 3 3 (The 3 Medicine bowls can be bought upstairs from the male Alchemist NPC)
He will then ask questions regarding potion creation after he explains the process.
5. Move to the next room to meet with Van Hellmont. It is not actually required that the player make counteragents or mixtures, the player just needs these items to do this part of the quest:
11 1 2
6. With these items, head to Alberta Mansion (alberta 102,222) and go upstairs to the second room on the right (alberta_in 133,55). Talk to the NPC near the corner (Louitz) and he will tell the player to talk to Aure Dupon in Geffen.
7. Go to Geffen and talk to the NPC (181,114) near the eastern Kafra, who will tell the player to talk to Morgenstein, the crazy scientist. Morgenstein (141,140) is located on the second floor of the Blacksmith Guild in southeast Geffen (181,62).
8. Talk to the scientist to learn about Counteragents and Mixtures. It is suggested that the player also buy 5 Mini Furnaces while you are in the Blacksmith Guild for another part of the quest. The player can buy these on the first floor of the Blacksmith guild.
9. Head back to Al de Baran to talk with Van Hellmont. He'll ask the player two questions pertaining what was just learned from the Dye quest. For reference:
|Counteragent||Detrimindextra (1) + Alcohol (1)|
|Mixture||Karvodailnirol (1) + Alcohol (1)|
10. In the next room Nicholas will give simple word puzzles which include unscrambling names and items in Ragnarok and other word related puzzles.
|Q: m p d i c f a r o g n k w a s||A: packman|
|Q: g b n o p r e f a r e t a s k||A: ragnarok|
|Q: u g n i s j e k c e o g n d p||A: opening|
|Q: r o e h n r o m c a i n p t t||A: potionmerchant|
|Q: t m y a n y e o b n e g p r i||A: brigan|
|Q: o n c u t a p j l e r s v m u||A: vendor|
|Q: t v a r m e g p h e u b o y l||A: party|
|Q: q z a h n a i n b r d p t n c||A: partizan|
|Q: s m i e x b w u n e t a g i r||A: tiger|
|Q: n i e g b o p d s o a u w r v||A: endure|
|Q: l r m g r e x t a v i n e d e||A: evergreen|
|Q: r o e h n r o m c a i n p t t||A: potionmerchant|
11. Once finished, talk to him again and he will give the player several items which are needed for the following part of the quest. DO NOT SELL OR STORE THE ITEMS
12. Nicholas will tell the player to go meet Bajin and Bain in Juno. Before heading out, make sure to have the following items along with the items from Nicholas:
- 2,000 Zeny
13. Head to Juno, and enter the building in the southwestern area (yuno 52, 105). Go upstairs to find two brothers. Give them all the items and they will attempt to make Gold.
14. Once the experiment is complete, head back to Al De Baran and talk with Nicholas again. This experiment fails most of the time and the player will receive a variety of items from iron ores to gold depending on luck.
15. After this go back to Nicholas and he will tell you to go upstairs.
16. Head to the second floor of the Alchemist guild and talk to the NPC with rainbow colored hair to change jobs. If the player is Job 50, he/she will receive a
Below are listed the skills that are unique to the Alchemist class. For more information about Merchant skills, click here.
|Throw an Bleeding with a chance.to deal up to 300% armour-ignoring, always-hitting damage to a single target. Also, destroy their armour and/or cause||5||Active|
|Throw a HP or SP recovery., , , or potion at a friendly target or yourself for up to 150% effectivness of it's||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their weapon from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Passively increase damage you deal with axes.||10||Passive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their headgear from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Throw aat the ground to create a 3*3 cell fire damaging enemies that step into it and breaking their weapons with a chance.||5||Active|
|Increases your chance to successfully make a potion. Also, increases effectiveness of potions you drink.||10||Passive|
|Create potions from herbs and various other ingredients.||10||Supportive|
|Create up to 5 friendly plant-type monsters with a.||5||Supportive|
|Use ato create a marine sphere that will explode on taking damage.||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their shield from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Use aon yourself or an ally to protect their armour from being stolen or destroyed.||5||Supportive|
|Skill||Description||Levels||Type|| Job Level
|Allows the learning of Homunculus Skills||1||Passive||N/A||Bioethics Quest|
The Alchemist Skill Quests give Alchemists access to the Homunculus skill tree by granting the Bioethics skill. In addition, it allows them to obtain a new Creation Guide to create Elemental Resistance Potions using their Pharmacy skill.
|Summon an existing Homunculus that was stored by using the Vaporize skill.||1||Supportive|
|Revive a Homunculus that has been defeated in battle.||5||Supportive|
|Stores the caster's Homunculus.||1||Supportive|
For more info, see the Alchemist Spirit page.
|Allows the caster to throw Berserk potions to friendly targets.||1||Supportive|
|Attempt to create 200 white potions||1||Active|
|Attempt to create 200 condensed white potions||1||Active|
|Attempt to create 100 Alcohol, 50 Acid Bottles and 50 Bottle Grenades||1||Active|
|Alchemist · Biochemist|
| 2nd Class
|Acid Terror · Axe Mastery · Berserk Pitcher · Bio Cannibalize · Chemical Protection Armor · Chemical Protection Helm · Chemical Protection Shield · Chemical Protection Weapon · Demonstration · Pharmacy · Potion Pitcher · Twilight Alchemy I · Twilight Alchemy II · Twilight Alchemy III · Sphere Mine|
|Homunculus-related Skills||Bioethics · Call Homunculus · Resurrect Homunculus · Rest|
|Acid Demonstration · Plant Cultivation · Full Chemical Protection · Slim Potion Pitcher|
|3rd Class Skills||Cart Remodeling · Cart Boost (Geneticist)|
|Quests||Twilight Alchemy IV Quest · Alchemist Job Change Guide · Alchemist Skill Quest · Rebirth Walkthrough|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice · Super Novice|
|First Class||Acolyte · Archer · Magician · Merchant · Swordman · Thief|
|Second Class||Priest · Monk · Hunter · Bard · Dancer · Wizard · Sage · Blacksmith · Alchemist · Knight · Crusader · Assassin · Rogue|
|Transcendant Second Class||High Priest · Champion · Sniper · Minstrel · Gypsy · High Wizard · Professor · Whitesmith · Creator · Lord Knight · Paladin · Assassin Cross · Stalker|
|Expanded Class||Gunslinger · Ninja · TaeKwon Kid · TaeKwon Master · Soul Linker|