What is a Homunculus
The Homunculus is a pet which assist players in ways such as a support, an instant partymate, or a sacrifice for the player. The player must be an Alchemist or a Biochemist and must go through the Bioethics Quest to unlock the appropriate skills required to create a Homunculus. After the quest Bioethics the skill will be available to the player and the rest of the Homunculus Skill Branch shall be available through the distribution of skill points.
There are 4 types of Homunculi with various attributes unique to each. They come each in 2 different appearances, which are purely cosmetic and don't change anything on their skills.
|Name||Default Appearance||Alternate Appearance||Type||Food||Skills|
How do you get a Homunculus?
To call out a Homunculus, an Biolabs B1, purchased from other Alchemists or self-made. In order to make an Embryo, an Alchemist must use the Skill Prepare Potion with the following materials purchasable from the Al De Baran Alchemist guild [alde_alche: 35, 179]:is required. These can be farmed at
- (Not Consumed)
Success rates of creating embryos are affected mainly by the Alchemist's DEX and LUK.
Once an Embryo is obtained, use the skill Call Homunculus to summon the Homunculus. In the Pre-Noghalt patch, there will be a probability of failures when summoning Homunculi. With the Noghalt patch, however, the probability of failure is replaced with unique sprites of the original Homunculi. There are 4 basic types of Homunculi —Amistr, Vanilmirth, Filir, and Lif— and the chance of getting each is random. Although not completely proven, it is a popular "fact" that the creator of the embryo's stats plays in a role in the probability of summoning each Homunculus.
Homunculus and Battles
Homunculi can be a big help in battles for their master. However, some homunculi are better suited in those roles then other.
Commonly used in PVP are either Lif or Vanilmirth. Due to their ability to only attack via direct attacks, Filir and Amistr are commonly not used in PVP settings.
- Vanilmirth is a great choice if you want to lock enemies with their constant spam of different Bolt-Skills.
- Lif on the other side gives great support mainly with her Emergency Avoid skill, increasing their masters Movement Skill.
Homunculus Status and Skill Points
Homunculus have their own set of stats apart from their masters, these will have a set amount upon summoning and will vary as it level. With each level, a Homunculus will receive a certain amount points to each stat (STR, INT, DEX, AGI, VIT, LUK) depending on which type of Homunculus.
These stats are invisible under the Homunculus stat window (Alt+R). The Homunculus's ATK, MATK, HIT, CRIT, DEF, MDEF, FLEE, and ASPD will be visible. The Homunculus also gains one skill point for every three levels. Unlike Status points, one can apply these to whichever skill one would like.
Example of Homunculus stats (evolved Vanilmirth):
New Homunculus are born with 20 intimacy (Awkward).
After evolving, the Homunculus' intimacy resets to 10 (Hate). Once its intimacy reaches 910 (1 point before Loyal intimacy) again, a fourth, new skill is unlocked.
Controlling the Homunculus
Here is a listing of all manual functions with the default AI. In general, there will be no need for any other manual functions in most Custom AIs
- Alt + Single Right Click: Target monster
- Alt + Double Right Click: Attack monster
- Alt + T: Standby, idle/passive mode, cancels all commands and returns to master
- Alt + Right Click Ground: Move to location (15 tile range)
- Alt + R: Information window
If the player is dead, manual commands can't be issued. The AI will continue to function as normal however.
Feeding and Intimacy
Much like pets, Homunculus require feeding. Feed the Homunculus when its hunger is between 11~25 to get 1 full point of intimacy. Feeding at the other times will give less than a full point and may even reduce the intimacy. If one forgets to feed the Homunculus, its intimacy will decrease, and it will leave the master if it goes below zero intimacy.
- You can use the command @hominfo to see the intimacy.
- You also can activate the option of "Auto Feed", which then, as the name implies, automatically feeds your Homunculus (if the required food is in the inventory).
- Auto Feed always feeds your Homunculus at a hunger of 30.
|Starving at 1%~10%||-1 (every 200 seconds)|
The homunculus also display emotes as a way of warning the player. The emotes used are:
|Hunger drops to 75%||/ok|
|Hunger drops to 25%||/hmm|
|Hunger below 11% every 20 seconds||/sob|
|Player feeds without proper item||/swt|
|Player feeds at 1%~75%||/ho|
|Player feeds at 76%~90%||/swt2|
|Player feeds at 91%~100%||/wah|
|Failed to use skill||/...|
Intimacy is crucial for evolution, obtaining the final skill, and AFKing. Intimacy has not been proven to affect Homunculus stat growth. Intimacy points will not show in the Homunculus window.
However for each interval of intimacy points the Homunculus has, the window will show:
|1-3||Hate with Passion|
The player dying, the Homunculus dying, or the Homunculus vaporizing does not affect intimacy. Stressing it (other than using ultimate skills) is the only way that to lower its intimacy. One can stress the Homunculus by not feeding it (hunger < 11) or overfeeding it (hunger > 75).
Each hour of starving cause 18 Intimacy loss (3600 seconds per hour / 200 seconds per loss).
If the player is away from the computer for a full 24 hours of starving, the Homunculus loses 432 Intimacy (18*24=432).
Items that manipulate intimacy
- Homunculus Care Guide - Adds a random amount.
- Amistr Tail - Chance to gain double intimacy when feeding.
- Shoulder Chicky 2016 - Chance to gain double intimacy when feeding.
Experience & Leveling
- When a monster is killed by a homunculus alone:
- Owner gets full Base Experience, but no Job Experience, from the monster.
- Homunculus gets the full experience from the monster.
- If a player kills a monster and his/her homunculus doesn't contribute to the kill at all:
- Player gets all Job Experience from the monster.
- Homunculus get no Experience at all,
- If a monster is killed by having both the player and his/her homunculus dealing damage to the monster.
- Player gets 125% of the monster's Base Experience - For example, a Sidewinder gives 1,996 base experience. If both the player and the homunculus participate in the fight, the player gets 2,495 experience (1,996 * 1.25) instead!
- Player gets a portion of the monster's Job Experience based on how much damage is dealt by the player (the Job Experience pool is 125% of normal)
- Homunculus gets a portion of the monster's EXP based on how much damage is dealt by the homunculus
- Whenever the player dies, if the homunculus is above 80% HP, it will automatically be Vaporized. If it is below 80%, it will not vaporize and is able to continue to fight, and the player continues to receive EXP from Homunculus, but manual commands cannot be used.
FAQ for Homunculus
- The max level for a homunculus is 255.
- They gain a skill point for every three levels. There is no Job Level equivalent.
- They obtain additional EXP from server rates and Battle Manuals, like a player would.
- Their Flee and Defense is not reduced by the number of monsters.
- Their Hit is capped at 99%. Even if it has way more hit than required for a monster, it will always miss at a 1% chance.
- All Homunculus have a base attack speed of 1.4 seconds / attack (130). Different stat growths lead to different attack speeds of each Homunculus.
- Homunculus Stat Growth is RANDOM. It is possible see how well the Homunculus is doing on average at Doddler's Chart in the Useful Links section. However, nothing will affect what stats will grow and what stats will not.
- Homunculus can hit Ghost Property Monsters.
- Homunculus HP (all), Dexterity (Highest with Filir, all except Vanilmirth), and Strength (Only Amistr) gained when leveling have been increased.
Note : This change will not apply to existing homunculi, however, there will now be options to recalculate their stats without creating a new homunculus as noted above. One free reset can be obtained per Creator (or Alchemist) by visiting the NPC in Morroc.
|Amistr||Castling · Defense · Adamantium Skin · Blood Lust|
|Vanilmirth||Caprice · Chaotic Benediction · Change Instruction · Bio Explosion|
|Filir||Moonlight · Fleet Move · Over Speed · S.B.R.44|
|Lif||Touch of Heal · Emergency Avoid · Brain Surgery · Mental Change|
|Bioethics · Call Homunculus · Resurrect Homunculus · Rest|
|Alchemist · Biochemist|
|Acid Terror · Axe Mastery · Berserk Pitcher · Bio Cannibalize · Chemical Protection Armor · Chemical Protection Helm · Chemical Protection Shield · Chemical Protection Weapon · Demonstration · Pharmacy · Potion Pitcher · Twilight Alchemy I · Twilight Alchemy II · Twilight Alchemy III · Twilight Alchemy IV · Sphere Mine|
|Homunculus-related Skills||Bioethics · Call Homunculus · Resurrect Homunculus · Rest|
|Acid Demonstration · Plant Cultivation · Full Chemical Protection · Slim Potion Pitcher|
|3rd Class Skills||Cart Remodeling · Cart Boost (Geneticist)|
|Quests||Twilight Alchemy IV Quest · Alchemist Skill Quest|