Blacksmiths can forge weapons from different materials. The materials used decide the weapon to be created as well as any additional properties, such as element, the weapon will have. Forged weapons do NOT have Card Slots. Rods, Bows, Instruments, Books and Katars cannot be forged, nor can level 4 weapons.
For material lists see Weapon Materials or they can also be found on the corresponding Smith <weapon> skill: Smith Dagger, Smith Sword, Smith Two-Handed Sword, Smith Axe, Smith Brass Knuckle, Smith Mace or Smith Spear.
When forging a weapon there are 3 available slots for modifying items. Items such as , , and can be used to imbue the weapon with the Fire, Water, Wind and Earth elements respectively. A weapon may only have one element at a time and using more than one elemental stone will cause the forge to fail. Slots may also be fitted with .
Damage: One, two, and three Star Crumbs will (respectively) add +5, +10, and +40 seeking damage to all attacks from the weapon. The extra damage cannot miss and ignores defense.
1. Make sure that all of the necessary items are in your inventory (not your cart). Then use the necessary hammer for the weapon level you wish to create. Once you click OK (or press enter) the hammer will disappear even if you quit.
2. A list of weapons you can forge will appear. Select the weapon you wish to create and continue.
3. A second window will appear detailing which items will be used up by the forging attempt. There are also 3 spaces to place Elemental Stones and/or.
4. Drag and drop the extra materials from your inventory to the slots to add them to the weapon. Even if the forging attempt fails the items on the list as well as those in the slots will be lost.
5. If the forge is successful the newly created weapon will appear in your inventory.
|Base Success Rate||-0%||-20%||-30%|
|Smith <weapon> Skill Level||1||2||3|
|Success rate bonus||+10%||+20%||+30%|
- Forging success rate is decided by Forging Equipment, Skills, DEX, LUK and Job Level.
- Forging equipment includes
, , , , , and .
- Hammers are used to begin the forging process. are used to forge level 1 Weapons, are used to forge level 2 Weapons and are used to forge level 3 Weapons.
- Anvils are kept in the main inventory and increase success rate. You cannot forge weapons with weapon level higher than your smith <weapon> skill level.
- In addition to the success rate bonus from the smith <weapon> skill, Weaponry Research and Research Oridecon also affect (or should affect) the success rates of forging different weapons as well as which weapons are available to forge.
- Each point of DEX and each point of LUK is believed to add 0.1% chance to successfully forging a weapon. For example, with 19 Dex and 1 Luk a Blacksmith would gain an additional 2% chance to forge a weapon after taking other factors into account.
- Each Job Level is believed to add 0.2% to the overall success rate.
- Using forging slots decreases the success rate of the forge attempt. An elemental stone takes off 20% and each Star Crumb takes off 15%.
A Forging Calculator can be found here.
For Forgers there is a system in which you are ranked amongst all your peers of who can make the most weapons.
- Rank Point +1: For upgrading a level 1 weapon that you have forged to +10.
- Rank Point +10: For successfully creating a level 3 weapon that contains 3 stones (either 2 star crumbs and an elemental stone, or three star crumbs).
- Rank Point +25: For upgrading a level 2 weapon that you have forged to +10.
- Rank Point +1000: For upgrading a level 3 weapon that you have forged to +10.
Item Look & Feel
- When a weapon is forged successfully it's name will have the forger's name attached.
- Normally the forger's name will appear in blue, however if the character that forged the weapon has been deleted the forger's name is lost, and the weapons becomes nameless.
- When imbued with an element the name of the element will appear before the Weapon's name and after the forger's name.
Yeef's Fire Sword
- When imbued with one or more Star Crumb the term 'Very' will appear before the forgers name for each Star Crumb used followed by 'Strong'.
Very Very Very Strong Yeef's Sword
- When imbued with both an element and Star Crumbs the weapon's name will follow the naming conventions in the order Star Crumbs, Forger, Element, Weapon Name.
Very Very Strong Yeef's Fire Sword
|Artistry||Handicrafting · Metalworking · Tailoring|
|NPC Enhancement||Refinement System · Updated Refinment System · Socket Enchant · Hidden Enchant|
|Blacksmith/Whitesmith-Related||Forging · Custom Forging · Refining · Weapon Refine|