Royal Operations Quest/Taste The Rainbow
The Rainbowring has run amok, and it is your job to stop him before he destroys Rune Midgard. Situated on a small hill, he has been cornered and can't escape. Defeat him before the time runs out to successfully complete this mission.
About The Monsters
There are only a few monsters on the hill:
When the mission starts, Rainbowring will summon his slaves. The slaves do nothing but play Bard/Dancer songs. These songs will hinder you by draining away SP and stopping you from using skills while in the song's area of effect. The slaves, as you can see from their monster information have about 5 times as much HP as the Rainbowring so do not bother attacking them or you will waste time.
As for the Rainbowring, he casts Wide Stone Curse, so being immune to that status will help kill him faster. When he is at around 10-14% HP, he will cast full heal. If he does, make sure to keep attacking it. If you are too slow in attacking, you give him enough time to cast it again. If it keeps healing due to you not killing it fast enough, you can lose the mission.
Build / Equips
Note, the classes listed below are only for reference. It is possible to finish on other classes, but the ones listed will generally have an easier time completing the mission within the time limit.
- STR - 41 (or so), for weight purposes
- AGI - 101, Enough to obtain 196 ASPD.
- VIT - 101, to stay alive
- INT - None, not needed.
- DEX - 255 (Max), since this is a major damage modifier for Snipers
- LUK - 193, for Critical hits
- Upper Headgear - Hyzo Hat or Chubby Bunny if you are lucky enough to have one. Otherwise, Drooping Amistr, for added damage.
- Middle Headgear - Medium Angelwing (Red) or Large Angelwing (Red), for damage. Card the Red Angelwings with a Gemini-S58 card.
- Lower Headgear - Anything is fine, though a Green Messenger Bag for DEX or a Hip Ribbon to take less damage from Rainbowring are helpful.
- Armor - Any armor will do. You can either get some damage with Great Old Hauberk. Or you can get CRIT with a Sniping Suit. You can also get more HP with a Variegated Vest. Cards don't really matter, so you can use High Priest Card, or just use Ghostring Card. Brynhild is probably a good choice as well.
- Weapon - Goblin Bow is without a doubt, the best bow currently for this. If not, you can just use Composite Bow. Preferred cards are Valkyrie Randgris Card for Dispell and Turtle General Card for Magnum Break. If you have 2 more slots, you can probably use 2 Civil Servant cards. You can also use Abysmal Knight cards since these are classified as boss monsters.
- Garment - Great Demon's Shroud is really the best attacking garment for this. You can use any card you want in it. Chung-E if this is refined to at least +5
- Footgear - Ebony Greaves slotted with an Orc Knight Card if you have, but since its pretty rare, use Ascendent Orc Card which gives 10% damage.
- Accessory - Use 2 Recondite Rings with Ifrit Cards for best Damage. If you don't have those, you can use 2 Zerom Cards. If you do not have Recondites, you can use The Sign with a BG Medalion. And if you still have neither use Orleans Gloves with Zerom Cards.