Each class has its own specialty concerning weapons and some weapons are more versatile, usable by multiple classes. There are 15 types of weapons:
- Axes, used by Merchant Class, Swordsman Class, Assassin Class and Super Novices.
- Note: Thieves and Super Novices can NOT wield Two Handed Axes.
- Bare-Handed used by TaeKwon Kid and TaeKwon Masters.
- Books, used by Priest Class, Sage Class and TaeKwon Masters.
- Bows, used by Archer Class, Rogue Class and Super Novices.
- Daggers, used by Archer Class, Mage Class, Merchant Class, Swordsman Class, Thief Class, Super Novice, Ninja and Soul Linkers.
- Guns, used by the Gunslinger Class.
- Huuma Shuriken, used by the Ninja Class.
- Instruments, used by the Bard Class.
- Katars, used by the Assassin Class.
- Knuckles, used by the Acolyte Class.
- Maces, used by Acolyte Class, Merchant Class and Swordsman Class.
- Rods, used by Acolyte Class, Mage Class, Super Novice and Soul Linkers.
- Spears, used by the Swordsman Class.
- 1h Swords and 2h Swords, used by Merchant Class, Swordsman Class, Thief Class and Super Novice.
- Note: Merchants, Thieves and Super Novices can NOT wield Two Handed Swords.
- Whips, used by the Dancer Class.
There is also "Ammunition" which is used in conjunction with the main weapons. In the equipment window, it will show up in the center of your character's sprite. Usually these items are consumed when you execute an attack.
- Arrows used by Bows, Instruments and Whips.
- Bullets used by Guns.
- Kunai used by the Ninja.
- Shuriken used by the Ninja.
- Venom Knives used by the Assassin Class.
There are 4 levels of weapon, which directly affect how that weapon is upgraded and the effect upgrading has on that weapon.
For a in depth explanation of refining, check the Refinement System page.
|Weapon Level||Upgrade Catalyst||Catalyst Cost||Upgrade Cost||Bonus ATK per Upgrade||Safety Level|
|Level 1||200 Zeny from NPC Shop/
|Level 2||1,000 Zeny from NPC Shop/
|Level 3||Monster Drop||5,000 Zeny||+25||+5|
|Level 4||Monster Drop||20,000 Zeny||+35||+4|
Blacksmith and Custom Forging
Aside from monsters dropping weapons, players also can create their own weapons, the Blacksmith class is mainly used for this. For further detailed information on this topic, check the following pages:
- Forging - The default game forging of weapons.
- Blacksmith Custom Forging - Custom forging of Hardened weapons.
- Metalworking - Custom crafting of metal-based weapons.
- Handicrafting - Custom crafting of wood-based weapons.
|Weapons in Ragnarok Online|
|Ammunition ( Arrows · Bullets · Kunai · Shuriken · Venom Knife)|
1H Swords · 2H Swords · Axes · Bare-Handed · Books · Bows · Daggers · Guns
|Forging · Blacksmith Custom Forging · Refinement System · Weapon Refine · Socket Enchant|