An Instance (also known as Memorial Dungeon) is a type of dungeon in which a specific copy ("instance") is created for each individual party attempting to enter. As such, the server requires a small time period to create the instance, and it can only be used until a certain time limit before it is destroyed. Therefore, each party has the instance to themselves.
- They involve one-way (no going backwards) progressions in an NPC-narrated quest.
- They require players to be in a Party, and are "created" uniquely for each party. One party (its members) cannot enter the instance of another party.
- Even tho some instances are solo, they mostly still require a Party to be present, even if the player is the only member.
- They have time limits in which the quest progression must be completed. If the quest is not completed, the instance will be destroyed, and players sent back to their Save Points.
- They (may) have cooldown periods, where a player must wait after the time period ends before creating/entering a new instance.
- They do not allow the skill Teleport (or Fly Wings), and send the player back to their Save Point upon logging out in them.
- They may restrict certain other skills depending on the instance.
- They are restricted to characters of certain Base Levels.
- The players can not reenter the instance if the players happen to exit the instance before the instance is done (e.g. disconnected, died then respawn).
- Some instances have an access quest that must be done before the players can start entering it.
- The command @timers shows the cooldown time of several instances to the player on the character it's used on.
Pages in category "Instances"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.