What is a Dyna?
A Dyna is a special item, exclusive to RevivalRO, that has the ability to imitate almost all of the non-custom/non-premium headgears sprites. Custom headgears are headgears that are specifically belong to the server, while premium headgears are the headgears obtained through donations.
In order to change the appearance of your Dyna's sprite, you must PM "NPC:Dyna" with the message "upper/mid/wing/lower#_____" without the quotes. Some items, as said before, cannot be copied using Dyna if they are custom or premium items, and a select few have been excluded due to rarity, like the sun god helm. You can fill in the blank with the item's ID number or use the items name. (i.e. upper#Valkyre Helm or upper#5171 )
If you'd like the item to have no sprite, type "upper#none" without the quotes. Here are some examples of how to change the sprite:
For the full Dyna Sprite list, Visit Dyna Hat Sprite List
These dynas, contain effects like regular premium items. For Loki, the default effect is '+30 All Stats' for upper/middle/wing and '+15 All Stats' for lower. For Eir/Tyr, these dynas are not available. With the exception of Dyna Wing and Dyna Lower, you can change the effect of these hats to another premium item for the cost of 100 Premium Points.
- Full List of Loki Dyna ID - courtesy of Kureiya
This dyna item is equipped on the upper headgear spot, has the ability to copy another premium item's effect(s) and has four slots. By PM'ing "NPC:Dyna", you can change the sprite of this headgear to any non-custom/non-premium item headgear sprite.
By talking to the Dyna NPC in Prontera, you can change the effect of this headgear to an upper headgear from the premium item list. If you were to set your Dyna Upper to the 'Hyegun Hat' using this NPC, it will give the effects of '+25 All Stats, and the ability to use lvl 10 Heal'. When changing the effect, you lose the old effect so you can only copy 1 headgear effect at a time.
Each time you wish to change your Dyna, you must pay 100 premium points.
Note that "the effect will only be changed on one character" means that if you were to set it as something on one character, your other characters would still have their Dyna effect(s) remaining as the default '+30 All Stats' helm when they equip it. (Take note, if you Dyna an item, like the 'Hyegun Hat' that only had 3 slots with an ability, the changed Dyna would still have four slots.)
If you own more than one Dyna-Upper and change the effect for one, the effect will take place on all Dyna-Upper that you own.
This dyna item is equipped on the middle headgear spot. By PM'ing "NPC:Dyna", you can change the sprite of this headgear to any non-custom/non-premium item headgear sprite.
The effects of this item are quite similar to that of Dyna Upper, however you will be imitating a Premium Wing's abilities, rather then another Premium Upper Headgear.
This dyna item is equipped on the lower headgear spot. By PM'ing "NPC:Dyna", you can change the sprite of this headgear to any non-custom/non-premium item headgear sprite.
This Dyna, however, is a bit different from the rest. All premium headgears that are lower headgears only having one slot with the effects of '+15 All Stats', so you will not be able to change the effect of this item via the Dyna NPC.
This dyna item is equipped on the middle headgear spot.
This Dyna is a bit different then the other in the way that it is able to copy premium wing items. The default effect of this item is '+30 All Stats' You Can change this effect to another premium wing item. You can also PM "NPC:Dyna", and can change the sprite of this headgear to any wing sprite. This includes custom wings and premium item wings.
This dyna has a combined effect of the Dyna Hat L (1) and Magic Third. It can only be purchased on Eir and Loki. This item can be naturally purchased directly from the Premium Point Redemption NPC, or you have the option to upgrade your Magic Third or Dyna Hat L into this headgear by speaking to the Dyna NPC. The following upgrades can be done:
- Trade Magic Third to be upgraded by paying 4,000 Premium Points on Loki, or 2,500 Premium Points on Eir.
- Trade Dyna Hat L (1) to be upgraded by paying 500 Premium Points
- Trade both Magic Third & Dyna Hat L (1) for a 1,000 Limited Point refund.
Note: Any cards in any item being upgraded will be LOST, as the NPC will warn you about TWICE. Do not come to helpdesk if you lose cards as a result of upgrading, 2 Warnings via the NPC and 1 Warning here is plenty.
These are pretty much the same as dynas, but cheaper. You'll see the difference on their subtopics. You can change the sprite of these headgears using the same process as the regular Dynas.
Like the Dyna-Free Upper, this doesn't give any stat (on Loki) and has 2 slots. On Eir, this headgear gives '+4 All Stats'. You can change the sprite of this headgear using the same process as regular Dynas
This dyna is a special headgear only available to players who have earned enough carnival cash in the Rebirth's End of Summer Fair. This headgear can copy the sprite of any upper headgear, and the effect of event headgears. Currently the effect can not be changed, but the sprite can. To change the sprite:
- Warp to Eden Mall (@go 16), and just north of where you spawn, talk to DynaEvent (Located at 213, 184).
- He will open a trade window for you. In this trade window, you trade him the upper headgear you want your event dyna to look like. Example: Trade him a Red Mage Hat, and your Event Dyna will have the sprite of the red mage hat.
Note: Any hat you trade this NPC will be gone forever. Make sure to trade it only a hat you are willing to lose, and not the Event Dyna hat.
- The first time you trade a headgear, it will be free. Any other times, you must pay 1 event point to change the sprite. The sprite is different for each character, so each of your characters will be able to change the sprite for free once.
- You can select the effect of your Dyna Event at this NPC as well by paying 1 Event Point. The following effects can be used:
On Thor, Dyna-Hats behave in a completely different manner. Dyna-Hats can only be obtained with a VIP Subscription and give no effects other than sprite. They are equipped on the Costume tab and do not use an equipment space. To copy a hat with a Dyna-Hat you must first scan the item at the scanner NPC located in the VIP Lounge. You can PM the VIP NPC and change your hat to display any hat which you have scanned. Available hats are account based, so you only need to scan hats one time. If your VIP membership expires you will lose access to the Dyna-Hats, however, if you resubscribe you will regain access to the Dyna-Hats and all the hats you have previously scanned will still be usable -- you won't have to rescan hats.
If in any case complication arises from playing around with your Dyna too much (ie, erroring out because you don't have the sprite it's attempting to copy), do not panic! Simply:
- Log on to Revival RO Website
- Press My Account
- Press Reset Appearance next to the character you errored out on which will change your character to the default style of clothing / hairstyle, and unequip your items.
- Log back into the game on that character and do NOT equip the dyna.
- PM NPC:Dyna with clear
- Re-equip your dyna again, make sure your equipment window is closed, set its sprite to a different one and never use the sprite you errored on.
If in case you want a long-term solution:
- Note: This is only recommended if the server actually has the sprite files available, but you don't have them. If the server doesn't have them, then repatching will do nothing since you still won't receive them.
- Delete the files rpatch.inf and spatch.inf from your main RevivalRO folder.
- Repatch by opening the patcher again.
You'll be patching from 2005, so it'll take a while.
If you still error out even after repatching, it's time to:
- Delete everything RevivalRO related and
- Redownload the full client from the website and finally
- Re-install and repatch.