2016 Summer Carnival
The fair will use tickets, similar to an actual fair, called Carnival Coupons. The fair is a series of mini-events that require the coupons to participate.
The duration of the fair: May 2nd 2016 to May 31st 2016.
How to Participate
- Every day, When the fair starts in May, you will be given 5 Carnival Coupons in addition to however many you already have, each day by talking to the Ticket Master in morroc (Located at 160, 89).
- Use these coupons to participate in the fair when it begins to have a chance to win various prizes.
- Note : The Games available for a person to do is changed every half hour, Rather than all events being on all the time, each player is put into 1 of 3 groups (changes each day). Every 30 minutes the NPC's group would change. If a NPC doesnt speak with you, it is because of this.
Types of games
The fair offers many types of games to play to win prizes. These games include:
- Peco Racing (Located at 136, 59): Ever looked at Peco's and thought "Is that just a Chocobo rip off?", ever done any Chocobo Racing? Well this... is sorta... like... something along that lines... yeah! There are 5 Peco's and you bet on which one you think is going to win, pick the one that comes in first and you get the special prize, the place your Peco comes in determines your prize!
- Test Your Strength (Located at 186, 77): Do you find yourself looking in the mirror, staring at your arms all day long? Is your favorite monster Satan Morroc, not because it looks cool, but because it has bigger muscles then you could ever have? If you answered yes to either of those, well... you're on your own. However, you CAN test your strength and see how you compare to other puny humans. The higher you score, the better prize you can receive. So give up, or throw down your hammer and give the bell a good ring
- Card Sharks (Located at 47, 76): Are you as old as me? Do you remember this game show?! and the way you play this game is you are dealt a card, and you have to guess if the next one is higher, lower or the same. Every 2 successful guesses you get a chance to take your prize, or try to get to the grand prize. Do you have what it takes to flip the last card, find out! (And ignore the fact that the display of the cards is weird, that's hard to make look nice!)
- Slot Machines (Located at 232, 122 and in 2 areas close by): They're slot machines, what more do you want from me, coming up with rambly rants is hard ;( Well lemme try anyhow... Spin those porings round and round catch em 'fore they... well they stay on the ground so that doesn't work... Anyhow it's a slot machine, spin it, match the right things and you win! Slots have the best potential payout for Carnival Cash, but the largest chance to outright fail and get nothing ;( Are you a gambler, care to test your luck? You gotta spin it to win it!
- Safe Cracker (Located at 89, 168): First off, it's not a Safe, but Safe Cracker sounds better, Treasure Cracker sounds weird, or like it's a cracker that you eat that's shaped like a treasure. Anyyyywhoooo have you ever played one of those games where you have to figure out a 3 digit code, and it tells you if you got the right number in the right spot, or the right number but in the wrong spot? Well if you haven't (or have and didn't like it), and you don't like logic games, you're gonna hate this! You have to crack the code to get yourself into the treasure, the less tries it takes the better your prize, try too many times and the lock is going to jam!
- Whac-a-Squirrel (Located at 58, 61): Ever thought of whacking a squirrel? No? you're nuts! (Get it?!). Why even bother with capturing, shooting or even pet a squirrel when you can whack it? Let's not get into the "why are we whacking a squirrel?" in the first place, We are sane people. Real Talk : Here we play a friendly game of whack a squirrel on the head as hard as you can. Don't worry though, as no squirrels were actually harmed while you enjoy this game. Speak to the "Whac-a-squirrel" NPC, it will transport you to an area where squirrels will be popping up. It will be within your view range as long as you don't move. You need to Click (Euphemism for Whack) the squirrel as much as you can during the 3 minutes. The more points you earn by whacking, the better the prize you receive.
Each game has unique prizes that can be won as well as some general prizes for participating. These include, but are not limited to:
- Carnival Cash that can be traded in for various account-bound event headgears that are normally only available from the Event Point Redemption NPC.
- Dyna-Event (Trading in 175 Carnival Cash)
- Pecopeco Headband or Peco King Band (Peco Racing)
- Fortis Potestas (Test Your Strength)
- Trump Card (Card Sharks)
- Pet Egg Coupon (Slot Machines)
- Treasure Basket (Safe Cracker)
- Mole Man Moustache (Whac-a-Squirrel)
In addition to the above, The games also have a chance to give you a costume respective to the game on success.
- Costume: Peco Wing Ears (Peco Racing)
- Costume: Sweet Candy (Test Your Strength)
- Costume: Poker Card (Card Sharks)
- Costume: Gambler Shades (Slot Machines)
- Costume: Thief Spectacle(Safe Cracker)
- Costume: Lazy Squirrel (Whac-a-Squirrel)
Carnival Cash Exchange
You can exchange the carnival points earned from the mini-games for various items. All of the items are account-bound. Data below may not be applicable to all servers.
- Yggdrasil Crown (65 Carnival Cash)
- Sloth Hat (65 Carnival Cash)
- Blacksweater Hat (65 Carnival Cash)
- Drooping Maya (65 Carnival Cash)
- Kobold Cap (65 Carnival Cash)
- Red Glasses (1) (80 Carnival Cash)
- Coppola (2) (80 Carnival Cash)
- Hunter's Clip (90 Carnival Cash)
- Sniper's Clip (1) (135 Carnival Cash)
- Merchant's Clip (90 Carnival Cash)
- Vendor's Clip (1) (135 Carnival Cash)
- Treasureberry (100 Carnival Cash)
- Flying Devil (65 Carnival Cash)
- Orange Tie (65 Carnival Cash)
- Black Tie (65 Carnival Cash)
- Chubby Bunny (65 Carnival Cash)
- Hunter's Cap (90 Carnival Cash)
- Wings of Victory (90 Carnival Cash)
- Bell Ribbon (90 Carnival Cash)